coaching(redirected from Coach Training)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
a. A bus, especially one designed for long-distance passenger service.
b. A railroad passenger car.
c. A closed automobile, usually with two doors.
d. A large, closed, four-wheeled carriage with an elevated exterior seat for the driver; a stagecoach.
2. Coach class.
3. Sports A person who trains or directs athletes or athletic teams.
a. A person who gives instruction or guidance: an acting coach; a life coach.
b. A private tutor employed to prepare a student for an examination.
tr. & intr.v. coached, coach·ing, coach·es
1. To train or tutor or to act as a trainer or tutor.
2. To transport by or ride in a coach.
[French coche, from obsolete German Kotsche, from Hungarian kocsi, after Kocs, a town of northwest Hungary (where such carriages were first made).]
1. (General Sporting Terms) sport the act of training a person or team of people in a particular sport
2. (Industrial Relations & HR Terms) the act of training staff in business or office practice
3. (Education) the act of giving a person special teaching in a particular subject, esp in order to prepare him or her for an examination