coalescence(redirected from Coalescence (disambiguation))
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to Coalescence (disambiguation): coalescence process
v. co·a·lesced, co·a·lesc·ing, co·a·lesc·es
1. To come or grow together into a single mass: the material that coalesced to form stars.
2. To come together as a recognizable whole or entity: the stories that coalesced as the history of the movement.
3. To come together for a single purpose: The rebel units coalesced into one army to fight the invaders. See Synonyms at mix.
1. To cause to coalesce as a single mass: The atoms were coalesced into a larger molecule.
2. To cause to coalesce as a single whole or entity: The survey responses were coalesced into a single document.
[Latin coalēscere : co-, co- + alēscere, to grow, inchoative of alere, to nourish; see al- in Indo-European roots.]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||coalescence - the union of diverse things into one body or form or group; the growing together of parts|