coast guard(redirected from Coastgaurd)
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
coast guardalso Coast Guard
n. Abbr. CG
1. The branch of a nation's armed forces that is responsible for coastal defense, protection of life and property at sea, and enforcement of customs, immigration, and navigation laws.
2. A member of a coast guard.
1. a U.S. military service charged with enforcing maritime laws, saving lives and property at sea, etc., and which in wartime may augment the navy.
2. (l.c.) any similar organization for aiding navigation, preventing smuggling, etc.
3. (l.c.) Also called coastguardsman. a member of any such organization.
biên phòng bờ biển