security blanket(redirected from Comfort blanket)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
Related to Comfort blanket: security blanket
1. A blanket carried by a child to reduce anxiety.
2. Informal Something that dispels anxiety.
1. a policy of temporary secrecy by police or those in charge of security, in order to protect a person, place, etc, threatened with danger, from further risk
2. a baby's blanket, soft toy, etc, to which a baby or young child becomes very attached, using it as a comforter
3. informal anything used or thought of as providing reassurance
1. a blanket carried by a child to provide reassurance.
2. any object that gives a feeling of security.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||security blanket - anything that an adult person uses to reduce anxiety|
thing - an entity that is not named specifically; "I couldn't tell what the thing was"
colloquialism - a colloquial expression; characteristic of spoken or written communication that seeks to imitate informal speech
|2.||security blanket - a blanket (or toy) that a child carries around in order to reduce anxiety|