cam(redirected from Common Area Maintenance)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
Related to Common Area Maintenance: triple net lease
1. complementary and alternative medicine
2. computer-aided manufacturing
1. A wheel that has a projecting part and is mounted on a rotating shaft to produce variable or reciprocating motion in another part.
2. Any of various similar devices having a rotating part of variable radius that interacts with another part to exert a variable force or resistance.
[Dutch kam, cog, comb; see gembh- in the Appendix of Indo-European roots.]
(Mechanical Engineering) a slider or roller attached to a rotating shaft to give a particular type of reciprocating motion to a part in contact with its profile
[C18: from Dutch kam comb]
(Placename) a river in E England, in Cambridgeshire, flowing through Cambridge to the River Ouse. Length: about 64 km (40 miles)
1. (Complementary Medicine) complementary and alternative medicine
2. (Computer Science) computer-aided manufacture
3. (Botany) botany crassulacean acid metabolism: a form of photosynthesis, first described in crassulaceous plants, in which carbon dioxide is taken up only at night
4. (Automotive Engineering) Cameroon (international car registration)
a disk or cylinder having an irregular form such that its motion, usu. rotary, gives a rocking or reciprocating motion to any contiguous part.
[< Dutch or Low German kam, kamm. See comb]
a river in E England flowing NE by Cambridge, into the Ouse River. 40 mi. (64 km) long. Also called Granta.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Cam - a river in east central England that flows past Cambridge to join the Ouse River|
England - a division of the United Kingdom
|2.||cam - a rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion|
distributor cam - the cam inside the distributor that rotates to contact spark plug terminals in the correct order
rotating mechanism - a mechanism that rotates