cooperative(redirected from Cooperativa)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia.
co·op·er·a·tive(kō-ŏp′ər-ə-tĭv, -ə-rā′tĭv, -ŏp′rə-)
1. Done in cooperation with others: a cooperative effort.
2. Marked by willingness to cooperate; compliant: a cooperative patient.
3. Of, relating to, or formed as an enterprise or organization jointly owned or managed by those who use its facilities or services: a cooperative department store; cooperative apartment buildings.
1. An enterprise or organization that is owned or managed jointly by those who use its facilities or services.
a. A building or complex in which the residents buy shares of stock in a building corporation and are given a lease to a specific apartment.
b. An apartment in such a building or complex.
cooperative(kəʊˈɒpərətɪv; -ˈɒprə-) or
1. willing to cooperate; helpful
2. acting in conjunction with others; cooperating
a. (of an enterprise, farm, etc) owned collectively and managed for joint economic benefit
b. (of an economy or economic activity) based on collective ownership and cooperative use of the means of production and distribution
4. (Commerce) a cooperative organization
5. (Commerce) US a block of flats belonging to a corporation in which shares are owned in proportion to the relative value of the flat occupied. Sometimes shortened to: coop Compare condominium3
coˈoperatively, co-ˈoperatively adv
coˈoperativeness, co-ˈoperativeness n
or co-op•er•a•tive(koʊˈɒp ər ə tɪv, -ˈɒp rə tɪv, -ˈɒp əˌreɪ tɪv)
1. working or acting together for a common purpose or benefit.
2. demonstrating a willingness to cooperate.
3. pertaining to economic cooperation: a cooperative business.n.
4. a jointly owned enterprise engaging in the production or distribution of goods or the supplying of services, operated by its members for their mutual benefit.
5. Also called co-op , coop′erative apart′ment.
a. a building owned and managed by a corporation in which shares are sold, entitling the shareholders to occupy individual units in the building.
b. an apartment in such a building.
[1595–1605; < Late Latin]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||cooperative - a jointly owned commercial enterprise (usually organized by farmers or consumers) that produces and distributes goods and services and is run for the benefit of its owners|
commercial enterprise - an enterprise connected with commerce
|2.||cooperative - an association formed and operated for the benefit of those using it|
association - a formal organization of people or groups of people; "he joined the Modern Language Association"
|Adj.||1.||cooperative - involving the joint activity of two or more; "concerted action"; "the conjunct influence of fire and strong wind"; "the conjunctive focus of political opposition"; "a cooperative effort"; "a united effort"; "joint military activities"|
joint - united or combined; "a joint session of Congress"; "joint owners"
|2.||cooperative - done with or working with others for a common purpose or benefit; "a cooperative effort"|
helpful - providing assistance or serving a useful function
uncooperative - unwilling to cooperate; "an uncooperative witness"
|3.||cooperative - willing to adjust to differences in order to obtain agreement|
noncompetitive - not involving competition or competitiveness; "noncompetitive positions"; "noncompetitive interest in games"
1. shared, united, joint, combined, concerted, collective, unified, coordinated, collaborative The visit was intended to develop cooperative relations between the countries.
(= prepared to comply) → kooperativ; (= prepared to help) → hilfsbereit; if any member does not have a cooperative attitude → wenn ein Mitglied nicht bereit ist mitzumachen
firm → auf Genossenschaftsbasis; cooperative farm → Bauernhof m → auf Genossenschaftsbasis