Corinthians(redirected from Corinthians, Epistle to the)
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
1. Of or relating to ancient Corinth or its people or culture.
2. Architecture Of or relating to the Corinthian order.
3. Elegantly or elaborately ornate.
4. Given to licentious and profligate luxury.
1. A native or inhabitant of Corinth.
2. A luxury-loving person; a bon vivant.
3. A wealthy amateur sportsman, especially an amateur yachtsman.
4. Corinthians(used with a sing. verb) See Table at Bible.
(Bible) (functioning as singular) either of two books of the New Testament (in full The First and Second Epistles of Paul the Apostle to the Corinthians)
Co•rin•thi•ans(kəˈrɪn θi ənz)
n. (used with a sing. v.)
either of two books of the New Testament, I Corinthians or II Corinthians, written by Paul.