Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Of or relating to Cornwall, its people, or the Cornish language.
1. The Brittonic language of Cornwall, which has been extinct since the late 1700s.
2. Any of an English breed of domestic chickens often crossbred to produce roasters.
1. (Placename) of, relating to, or characteristic of Cornwall, its inhabitants, their former language, or their present-day dialect of English
2. (Languages) of, relating to, or characteristic of Cornwall, its inhabitants, their former language, or their present-day dialect of English
3. (Languages) a former language of Cornwall, belonging to the S Celtic branch of the Indo-European family and closely related to Breton: extinct by 1800
4. (Peoples) the Cornish (functioning as plural) the natives or inhabitants of Cornwall
1. of or pertaining to Cornwall, England, its inhabitants, or the language Cornish.n.
2. the Celtic language of Cornwall, extinct since c1800.
3. one of an English breed of small flavorsome chickens raised chiefly for crossbreeding. Compare Rock Cornish.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Cornish - a Celtic language spoken in Cornwall|
|2.||Cornish - English breed of compact domestic fowl; raised primarily to crossbreed to produce roasters|
|Adj.||1.||Cornish - of or related to Cornwall or its people or the Cornish language|
adj → de Cornouailles, cornouaillais(e)
n (= language) → cornouaillais mCornish pasty [ˌkɔːnɪʃˈpæstɪ] n (British) chausson à la viande et aux légumes