cowbell(redirected from Cow bell)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A bell hung from a collar around a cow's neck.
2. A bell that is used as a percussion instrument by being struck with a stick.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Agriculture) a bell hung around a cow's neck so that the cow can be easily located
2. (Instruments) a metal percussion instrument usually mounted on the bass drum or hand-held and struck with a drumstick
3. (Plants) US another name for bladder campion
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
a bell hung around a cow's neck to indicate its whereabouts.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
A small bell hung around a cow’s neck to help find the cow when it was in a timbered pasture.
1001 Words and Phrases You Never Knew You Didn’t Know by W.R. Runyan Copyright © 2011 by W.R. Runyan
cowbell[ˈkaʊbel] N → cencerro m
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005