swoosh(redirected from Crescent swish)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
v. swooshed, swoosh·ing, swoosh·es
1. To move with or make a rushing sound.
2. To flow or swirl copiously.
To cause to move with or make a rushing or swirling sound.
to make or cause to make a rustling or swirling sound, esp when moving or pouring out
a swirling or rustling sound or movement
[C20: of imitative origin (probably influenced by swish and swoop)]
1. to move with or make a rustling or brushing sound.
2. to pour out swiftly.v.t.
3. to cause to make or move with a rustling or brushing sound.n.
4. a brushing or rustling sound or movement.
Past participle: swooshed
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||swoosh - the noise produced by the sudden rush of a fluid (a gas or liquid)|
noise - sound of any kind (especially unintelligible or dissonant sound); "he enjoyed the street noises"; "they heard indistinct noises of people talking"; "during the firework display that ended the gala the noise reached 98 decibels"
|Verb||1.||swoosh - move with or cause to move with a whistling or hissing sound; "The bubbles swoshed around in the glass"; "The curtain swooshed open"|