damnation(redirected from Damnit)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal.
1. The act of damning or the condition of being damned.
a. Condemnation to everlasting punishment; doom.
b. Everlasting punishment.
3. Failure or ruination incurred by adverse criticism.
Used to express anger or annoyance. See Note at tarnation.
1. the act of damning or state of being damned
2. a cause or instance of being damned
an exclamation of anger, disappointment, etc
the act of damning or the state of being damned.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||damnation - the act of damning|
|2.||damnation - the state of being condemned to eternal punishment in Hell|
state - the way something is with respect to its main attributes; "the current state of knowledge"; "his state of health"; "in a weak financial state"
fire and brimstone - (Old Testament) God's means of destroying sinners; "his sermons were full of fire and brimstone"
A. N (Rel) → perdición f
B. EXCL → ¡maldición!
n (RELIGION) → damnation f
excl → merde!
1. n (Rel) → dannazione f
2. excl (old) → dannazione!, diavolo!