capitalization(redirected from Danamodal)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia.
a. The practice or act of capitalizing.
b. The sum that results from capitalizing.
a. The amounts and types of long-term financing used by a firm, including common stock, preferred stock, retained earnings, and long-term debt.
b. The total par value or stated value of no-par capital stock issues.
3. The use of capital letters in writing or printing.
1. (Accounting & Book-keeping)
a. the act of capitalizing
b. the sum so derived
2. (Accounting & Book-keeping) accounting the par value of the total share capital issued by a company, including the loan capital and sometimes reserves
3. (Accounting & Book-keeping) the act of estimating the present value of future payments, earnings, etc
4. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) the act of writing or printing in capital letters
cap•i•tal•i•za•tion(ˌkæp ɪ tl əˈzeɪ ʃən)
1. the act or process of capitalizing.
2. the authorized or outstanding stocks and bonds of a corporation.
a. the total investment of the owner or owners in a business enterprise.
b. the total corporate liability, including borrowed capital.
c. the total of these amounts.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||capitalization - writing in capital letters|
writing - letters or symbols that are written or imprinted on a surface to represent the sounds or words of a language; "he turned the paper over so the writing wouldn't show"; "the doctor's writing was illegible"
|2.||capitalization - an estimation of the value of a business|
estimate, estimation - a judgment of the qualities of something or somebody; "many factors are involved in any estimate of human life"; "in my estimation the boy is innocent"
|3.||capitalization - the act of capitalizing on an opportunity|
|4.||capitalization - the sale of capital stock|
overcapitalisation, overcapitalization - (business) too much capitalization (the sale of more stock than the business warrants)