deadpan(redirected from Deadpan humor)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
Related to Deadpan humor: Dry humor
1. A blank, expressionless face.
2. A person, especially a performer, who has or assumes a blank expression.
Impassively matter-of-fact, as in style, behavior, or expression: deadpan delivery of the joke.
With a blank, expressionless face.
v. dead·panned, dead·pan·ning, dead·pans
To express in an impassive, matter-of-fact way.
To express oneself in an impassive, matter-of-fact way.
with a deliberately emotionless face or manner: deadpan humour.
adj., adv., v. -panned, -pan•ning,
1. marked by a fixed air of seriousness or calm detachment.adv.
2. in a deadpan manner.v.i., v.t.
3. to behave or perform in a deadpan manner.n.
4. a deadpan face.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||deadpan - deliberately impassive in manner; "deadpan humor"; "his face remained expressionless as the verdict was read"|
|Adv.||1.||deadpan - without betraying any feeling; "she told the joke deadpan"|