descendent(redirected from Descendents)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Not to be confused with:
descendant – one descended from an ancestor
de·scen·dentalso de·scen·dant (dĭ-sĕn′dənt)
1. Moving downward; descending.
2. Proceeding by descent from an ancestor.
1. coming or going downwards; descending
2. (Anthropology & Ethnology) deriving by descent, as from an ancestor
1. descending; going or coming down.
2. deriving or descending from an ancestor.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||descendent - a person considered as descended from some ancestor or race|
child - a member of a clan or tribe; "the children of Israel"
relative, relation - a person related by blood or marriage; "police are searching for relatives of the deceased"; "he has distant relations back in New Jersey"
scion - a descendent or heir; "a scion of royal stock"
|Adj.||1.||descendent - going or coming down|
descending - coming down or downward
|2.||descendent - proceeding by descent from an ancestor; "descendent gene"|
related - connected by kinship, common origin, or marriage