directorship(redirected from Dir)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. One that supervises, controls, or manages.
2. A member of a group of persons chosen to control or govern the affairs of an institution or corporation.
3. A person who supervises the creative aspects of a dramatic production or film and instructs the actors and crew.
4. The conductor of an orchestra or chorus.
5. An electronic device that continually calculates and displays information used for firing weapons at moving targets, such as missiles or aircraft.
n → Direktorstelle f → or -posten m; under his directorship → unter seiner Leitung