directorate(redirected from Directorates)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. The office or position of a director.
2. A board of directors, as of a corporation.
3. The entire staff of a bureau or department.
1. (Commerce) a board of directors
2. (Professions) Also: directorship the position of director
di•rec•to•rate(dɪˈrɛk tər ɪt, daɪ-)
1. the office of a director.
2. a body of directors.
[1830–40; < French directorat < Late Latin dīrēctor director]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||directorate - a group of persons chosen to govern the affairs of a corporation or other large institution|
board - a committee having supervisory powers; "the board has seven members"
staggered board of directors - a board of directors a portion of whose members are elected each year instead of all members being elected annually
management - those in charge of running a business