dragline(redirected from Dragline excavator)
Also found in: Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Dragline excavator: walking dragline
1. A line used for dragging.
2. A kind of dredging machine.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Aeronautics) another word for dragrope2
2. (Mechanical Engineering) Also called: dragline crane or dragline excavator a power shovel that operates by being dragged by cables at the end of an arm or jib: used for quarrying, opencast mining, etc
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a dragrope.
2. an excavating crane with a bucket dragged toward the machine by a cable.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.