drumhead(redirected from Drum skin)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. Music The material stretched over one or both ends of a drum.
2. Nautical The circular top part of a capstan, used to hold bars for turning.
1. (Instruments) music the part of a drum that is actually struck with a stick or the hand
2. (Nautical Terms) the head of a capstan, pierced with holes for the capstan bars
3. (Anatomy) another name for eardrum
1. the membrane stretched upon a drum.
2. the top part of a capstan.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||drumhead - a membrane that is stretched taut over a drum|
drum, membranophone, tympan - a musical percussion instrument; usually consists of a hollow cylinder with a membrane stretched across each end
membrane - a thin pliable sheet of material
|Adj.||1.||drumhead - performed speedily and without formality; "a summary execution"; "summary justice"|
unofficial - not having official authority or sanction; "a sort of unofficial mayor"; "an unofficial estimate"; "he participated in an unofficial capacity"