Wolof(redirected from Dyolof)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A member of a West African people primarily inhabiting coastal Senegal.
2. The Atlantic language of this people, widely used as a lingua franca in Senegal.
npl -of or -ofs
1. (Peoples) a member of a Negroid people of W Africa living chiefly in Senegal
2. (Languages) the language of this people, belonging to the West Atlantic branch of the Niger-Congo family
n., pl. -lofs, (esp. collectively) -lof.
1. a member of an African people of Senegambia.
2. the West Atlantic language of the Wolof.