Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. eicosapentaenoic acid
2. Environmental Protection Agency
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Elements & Compounds) eicosapentaenoic acid: a fatty acid, found in certain fish oils, that can reduce blood cholesterol
2. (Environmental Science) Environmental Protection Agency
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. eicosapentaenoic acid: an omega-3 fatty acid present in fish oils.
2. Environmental Protection Agency.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||EPA - an independent federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment|
independent agency - an agency of the United States government that is created by an act of Congress and is independent of the executive departments
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.