wormhole(redirected from EPR Bridge)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A hole made by a burrowing worm.
2. Physics A theoretical distortion of spacetime in a region of the universe that would link one location or time with another, through a path that is shorter in distance or duration than would otherwise be expected.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Zoology) a hole made by a worm in timber, plants, etc
2. (General Physics) physics a tunnel in the geometry of space–time postulated to connect different parts of the universe
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a hole made by a burrowing or gnawing worm, as in timber or fruits.
2. a theoretical passageway in space between a black hole and a white hole.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
buraco de minhoca
wormhole[ˈwɜːmhəʊl] N (left by earthworm) → agujero m de gusano; (left by woodworm) → agujero m de polilla
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005