Edomite(redirected from Edomitic)
1. A member of a Semitic people inhabiting ancient Edom.
2. The Semitic language of the Edomites.
1. (Bible) an inhabitant of the ancient kingdom of Edom, whose people were hostile to the Israelites in Old Testament times
2. (Bible) the ancient Semitic language of this people, closely related to Hebrew
3. (Languages) the ancient Semitic language of this people, closely related to Hebrew
ˈEdomˌitish, Edomitic adj
a native or inhabitant of Edom, taken to be a descendant of Esau, or Edom, in the Bible. Gen. 36:9.