Edomite(redirected from Edomitic)
1. A member of a Semitic people inhabiting ancient Edom.
2. The Semitic language of the Edomites.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Bible) an inhabitant of the ancient kingdom of Edom, whose people were hostile to the Israelites in Old Testament times
2. (Bible) the ancient Semitic language of this people, closely related to Hebrew
3. (Languages) the ancient Semitic language of this people, closely related to Hebrew
ˈEdomˌitish, Edomitic adj
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
a native or inhabitant of Edom, taken to be a descendant of Esau, or Edom, in the Bible. Gen. 36:9.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.