References in periodicals archive ?
gov/pmc/articles/PMC4291941/) Antonio Egas Moniz , a Portuguese neurologist, invented the procedure in 1935.
Cerebral angiography, the brainchild of Egas Moniz, was first described in the year 1927 as a series of 6 patients,4 of which 2 developed Horner's syndrome, 1 developed transient aphasia and 1 died of thromboembolism.
pt/courses/ Science en/course/1392 Instituto Superior de Ciencias BA: Forensic & Portuguese da Saude Egas Moniz Criminal Higher Health Sciences Egas Sciences Moniz Institute Lisbon http://www.
Among the participants at the Congress there were two Portuguese neuro-researchers, Antonio Egas Moniz (1874-1955), a neurology professor at the University of Lisbon and his collaborator, the neurosurgeon Almeida Lima (1903-1985), as well as the American neurologist Walter Freeman (1895-1972), who have greatly influenced the practice of frontal lobotomies in psychosurgery (31, 32).
Martins dos Santos, Director of the Health Sciences Institute, Egas Moniz, Lisbon, Portugal for allowing us the use of the research facilities.
1) Prefrontal lobotomy (leucotomy) was initially heralded as a major medical advance in 1935; its originator, neurosurgeon Antonio Egas Moniz, shared the Nobel Prize in Medicine or Physiology in 1949 for what is now regarded as mayhem.
1) Hospital de Santa Maria, ServiAo de Dermatologia, Avenida Professor Egas Moniz, 1649-035 Lisbon, Portugal.
1) Psychologist; Associate Professor at Egas Moniz, Cooperativa de Ensino Superior; Coordinator of the Egas Moniz Multidisciplinary Research Centre in Health Psychology; Doctor in Clinical Psychology.
Most importantly, Wagner, Meduna and Sakel were contemporaries of Egas Moniz, who made brain surgery a viable means of combating mental illness.
Branco, chief of rheumatology at the Hospital Egas Moniz, Lisbon.
Branco, the principal investigator and chief of rheumatology at the Hospital Egas Moniz, Lisbon.
Following the experience of psychiatrist Egas Moniz in Portugal, they had given frontal lobotomies to six patients.
Dictionary browser ?
- Efrem Zimbalist
- Egadi Islands
- Egas Moniz
- Egeria densa
- Egg and anchor
- egg and dart
- egg beater
- Egg candler
- egg case
- egg cell
- Egg clavage
- Egg cleavage
- egg cream
- egg cup
- Egg development
- egg drop soup
Full browser ?
- Égalité, Philippe
- Egan Marino Corporation
- Egan, Patrick
- Egan, Pierce
- Egan, William
- Egas Moniz
- Egas Moniz, Antonio Caetano de Arbreau Freire
- Egas Moniz, Antônio Caetano de Arbreau Freire
- Egba Uprising
- Egbe Woghiren Educational Foundation
- Egbert Liudvigovich Volf
- Egbert Roscoe Murrow
- Egbert Volf