resistivity(redirected from El. Resistivity)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
n. pl. re·sis·tiv·i·ties
1. The capacity for or tendency toward resistance.
2. Electricity An intrinsic property of a material that is measured as its resistance to current per unit length for a uniform cross section.
1. (General Physics) the electrical property of a material that determines the resistance of a piece of given dimensions. It is equal to RA/l, where R is the resistance, A the cross-sectional area, and l the length, and is the reciprocal of conductivity. It is measured in ohms. Symbol: ρ Former name: specific resistance
2. the power or capacity to resist; resistance
re•sis•tiv•i•ty(ˌri zɪsˈtɪv ɪ ti)
1. the power or property of resistance.
2. electrical resistance measured as a function of a given volume or area.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||resistivity - a material's opposition to the flow of electric current; measured in ohms|
electrical phenomenon - a physical phenomenon involving electricity
ohmage - the ohmic resistance of a conductor