elbowing(redirected from Elbow (strike))
Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
90° angle elbow with female threads at both ends
a. The joint or bend of the arm between the forearm and the upper arm.
b. The bony outer projection of this joint.
2. A joint, as of a bird or quadruped, corresponding to the human elbow.
3. Something having a bend or angle similar to an elbow, especially:
a. A length of pipe with a sharp bend in it.
b. A sharp bend in a river or road.
v. el·bowed, el·bow·ing, el·bows
1. To push, jostle, or shove with the elbow: elbowed me in the ribs to get me to stop laughing.
2. To open up (a means of passage, for example) by or as if by use of the elbow: elbowed her way through the crowd.
1. To make one's way by pushing with the elbow.
2. To turn at an angle; bend: The lane elbows to the left.
at (one's) elbow
Close at hand; nearby.
out at the elbows
1. Poorly dressed.
2. Lacking money.
n (Ice hockey) → Ellbogencheck m