References in classic literature ?
By the engine stood a dark motionless being, a sooty and grimy embodiment of tallness, in a sort of trance, with a heap of coals by his side: it was the engineman. The isolation of his manner and colour lent him the appearance of a creature from Tophet, who had strayed into the pellucid smokelessness of this region of yellow grain and pale soil, with which he had nothing in common, to amaze and to discompose its aborigines.
He trained as an engineman; attended the Naval Submarine School in New London, Conn.; and completed Navy Dive School in San Diego.
Less than half-an-hour earlier, the engineman on the "downline" goods train had informed the policeman at the Queensville crossing, Stafford, that he had seen flames.
Kirk's father worked as an engineman for a railroad, and the family lived in a prefabricated Sears, Roebuck, and Co.
He had only been stationed in Bahrain for three weeks at the time of the accident and was an Engineman 2nd Class with the mine countermeasures ship Sentry.
He said he hadn't experienced any exertional fatigue or difficulty completing the rigorous physical tasks of his occupation as an engineman on the ship.
The Kirks lived in a prefabricated bungalow-style house sold by Sears and Roebuck, His father, Russell Andrew Kirk, was a railroad engineman who had left school before the sixth grade and read only newspapers.
Bernie selects Seaman Richard Livesey (Ben Foster), Seaman Ervin Maske (John Magaro) and Engineman Third Class Andrew Fitzgerald (Kyle Gallner) for the mission.
(April 4, 2016) Engineman 2nd Class Sharice Floyd, a recruit division commander, ensures the proper fit of Seaman Recruit Megan Marte's white enlisted hat, or "Dixie cup," during uniform issue at Recruit Training Command, Marte was among the first female recruits to be issued the Dixie cup as part of the Navy's efforts for uniformity in service members' uniforms, U, S, Navy photo by Sue Krawczyk
His loyal engineman and best friend Mel Gouthro was due to go, but he was too ill.
Not quite engineering, but a shovel for my work as an engineman on a heritage railway.
Dictionary browser ?
- engine block
- engine company
- engine cooling system
- engine driver
- engine failure
- Engine lathe
- engine pod
- engine room
- Engine tool
- engine trouble
- Engine turning
- engineer commander
- Engineer Corps
- engineer officer
- engineering school
- engineering science
- engineer's chain
- Engine-type generator
- Engler degrees
- English bean
- English billiards
- English bond
- English breakfast
- English breakfast tea
- English bulldog
- English Canadian
- English cavalry saddle
- English Channel
- English Civil War
Full browser ?
- Engineers Club of Kansas City
- Engineers Council for Professional Development
- Engineers for a Sustainable World
- Engineers for Environmental Protection and Infrastructure
- Engineers for Overseas Development
- Engineers for Social Impact
- Engineers Geoscientists Manitoba
- Engineers in Model & Simulation
- Engineers in Technical Humanitarian Opportunities of Service
- Engineers India Limited
- Engineers India Research Institute
- Engineers Joint Contract Documents Committee
- Engineers Joint Council
- Engineers line reference
- Engineers Mobility Forum
- Engineers Rarely Touch Women
- Engineers Rule The World
- Engineers Serve the World
- Engineers Supplemental Instructions
- Engineers Training Institute
- Engineers Without Borders
- Engineers Without Borders - USA
- Engineers' Club of Philadelphia
- Engineers' Society of Western Pennsylvania
- Engineers, Architects and Building Officials
- Engineers, Planners & Surveyors
- Engineman First Class
- Engineman Second Class
- Engineman Third Class
- Enginemen's Assurance Fund
- Enginering Analysis
- Engines and Energy Conversion Laboratory
- Engines of Aggression
- Engines Running On-Load/Off-Load
- Engines Transmission Finders Network
- Engines Turn
- Enginyeria de Control I Sistemes Intel Ligents
- Enginyeria Sense Fronteres