galah(redirected from Eolophus roseicapilla)
1. An Australian cockatoo (Eolophus roseicapillus syn. Cacatua roseicapilla) having pale blue-gray plumage and a pink breast. Also called rose-breasted cockatoo.
2. Australian A fool; an idiot.
[Yuwaalaraay (Pama-Nyungan language of southeast Australia) gilaa.]
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Animals) an Australian cockatoo, Kakatoe roseicapilla, having grey wings, back, and crest and a pink body
2. slang Austral a fool or simpleton
[C19: from a native Australian language]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. an Australian cockatoo, Kakatoe roseicapilla, having rose-colored underparts.
2. Australian. a fool.
[1885–90; < Yuwaalaraay (Australian Aboriginal language of N New South Wales)]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.