Errors(redirected from Error (disambiguation))
Also found in: Wikipedia.
- A flaw … would surface like an aching wisdom tooth —James Lee Burke
- The defects of the mind, like those of the face, grow worse as we grow old —Francois, Due de La Rochefoucauld
See Also: MIND
- Delusions, errors and likes are like huge, gaudy vessels, the rafters of which are rotten and worm-eaten, and those who embark in them are fated to be shipwrecked —Buddha
- Errors, like straws, upon the surface flow; he who would search for pearls must dive below —John Dryden
- Flaunt their folly, like a washline of dirty and patched clothes —George Garrett
- Gone astray like a lost sheep —The Holy Bible
- Great blunders are often made, like large ropes, of a multitude of fibers —Victor Hugo
- Illusion forms before us like a grove —Barbara Howes
This simile is the first line and leitmotif in Howes’ poem, The Triumph of Death.
- (Is somehow) impure, as sacrilegious as a Coca-Cola machine in a cathedral —Tony Ardizzone
See Also: INAPPROPRIATENESS
- A mistake is like a mule, not always distinguishable from a horse in front, but known beyond doubt by acquaintance with its kicking qualities —New York Sun, 1918
- Wrong as two left shoes —Arthur Baer