Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Ethiopian: Ethiopian language
1. Of or relating to Ethiopia or its peoples or cultures.
2. Of or relating to the Afrotropical biogeographic region.
1. A native or inhabitant of Ethiopia.
2. A person of Ethiopian ancestry.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Languages) of, relating to, or characteristic of Ethiopia, its people, or any of their languages
2. (Peoples) of, relating to, or characteristic of Ethiopia, its people, or any of their languages
3. (Placename) of, relating to, or characteristic of Ethiopia, its people, or any of their languages
4. (Biology) of or denoting a zoogeographical region consisting of Africa south of the Sahara
5. (Peoples) anthropol obsolete of or belonging to a postulated racial group characterized by dark skin, an oval elongated face, and thin lips, living chiefly in Africa south of the Sahara
6. (Peoples) a native or inhabitant of Ethiopia
7. (Languages) any of the languages of Ethiopia, esp Amharic
(Peoples) an archaic word for Black
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
E•thi•o•pi•an(ˌi θiˈoʊ pi ən)
1. of or pertaining to Ethiopia or to its inhabitants.
2. belonging to the part of Africa south of the equator.
3. belonging to a zoogeographical division comprising Africa south of the tropic of Cancer, the southern part of the Arabian Peninsula, and Madagascar.
4. Archaic. black African.n.
5. a native or inhabitant of Ethiopia.
6. Archaic. a black African.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Ethiopian - a native or inhabitant of Ethiopia |
Abyssinia, Ethiopia, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Yaltopya - Ethiopia is a republic in northeastern Africa on the Red Sea; formerly called Abyssinia
African - a native or inhabitant of Africa
Amhara - a member of the Semitic speaking people of northern Ethiopia
Eritrean - a native or inhabitant of Eritrea
|Adj.||1.||Ethiopian - of or relating to or characteristic of Ethiopia or its people or languages; "Ethiopian immigrants"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
người Ethiopiathuộc nước/người/tiếng Ethiopia
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
1. adj → etiopico/a, etiope
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995
Ethiopian→ إثيوبيّ Etiopan, etiopský etiopier, etiopisk Äthiopier, äthiopisch Αιθίοπας, αιθιοπικός etíope etiopialainen éthiopien etiopijski, Etiopljanin etiope エチオピアの, エチオピア人 에티오피아 사람, 에티오피아의 Ethiopiër, Ethiopisch etiopier, etiopisk Etiopczyk, etiopski etíope эфиоп, эфиопский etiopier, etiopisk เกี่ยวกับเอธิโอเปีย, ชาวเอธิโอเปีย Etyopya, Etyopyalı người Ethiopia, thuộc nước/người/tiếng Ethiopia 埃塞俄比亚人, 埃塞俄比亚的
Multilingual Translator © HarperCollins Publishers 2009