euchre(redirected from Euker)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to Euker: Euler, euchre
1. A card game usually played with a deck of 24 cards in which each player is dealt 5 cards and the team or player calling trump must win at least three tricks to score points for the hand.
2. The act of euchring an opponent.
tr.v. eu·chred, eu·chring, eu·chres
1. To prevent (an opponent) from taking three tricks in euchre.
2. To deceive by sly or underhand means; cheat: euchred us out of our life savings.
1. (Card Games) a US and Canadian card game similar to écarté for two to four players, using a poker pack with joker
2. (Card Games) an instance of euchring another player, preventing him from making his contracted tricks
3. (Card Games) to prevent (a player) from making his contracted tricks
4. (usually foll by out) informal US and Canadian and Austral and NZ to outwit or cheat
5. informal Austral and NZ to ruin or exhaust
[C19: of unknown origin]
n., v. -chred, -chring. n.
1. a card game for two, three, or four players, usu. played with the 32 highest cards in the deck.v.t.
2. to get the better of (an opponent) in a hand at euchre by the opponent's failure to win the requisite tricks.
3. Slang. to cheat; swindle: euchred out of their investments.
Past participle: euchred