razorback(redirected from Eurasian wild boar)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
Related to Eurasian wild boar: Sus scrofa
1. A feral hog (Sus scrofa) of the southern United States, having a narrow body with a ridged back.
2. See fin whale.
3. A sharp ridged hill.
1. (Animals) Also called: finback the common rorqual. See rorqual
2. (Animals) a semiwild or wild pig of the southeastern US, having a narrow body, long legs, and a ridged back
1. a feral hog with a ridgelike back, common in the southern U.S.
2. a finback or rorqual whale.
3. a sharp, narrow ridge or range of hills.adj.
4. Also, ra′zor•backed`, ra′zor-backed`. having a sharp ridge along the back.
A thin, long-legged feral hog, most generally found in the hills of the Southeastern U.S.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||razorback - a mongrel hog with a thin body and long legs and a ridged back; a wild or semi-wild descendant of improved breeds; found chiefly in the southeastern United States|
swine - stout-bodied short-legged omnivorous animals
|2.||razorback - any of several baleen whales of the family Balaenopteridae having longitudinal grooves on the throat and a small pointed dorsal fin|
baleen whale, whalebone whale - whale with plates of whalebone along the upper jaw for filtering plankton from the water
Balaenoptera physalus, common rorqual, fin whale, finback, finback whale - large flat-headed whalebone whale having deep furrows along the throat; of Atlantic and Pacific
|Adj.||1.||razorback - having a sharp narrow back; "a razor-backed horse"; "razorback hogs"|
backed - having a back or backing, usually of a specified type