References in periodicals archive ?
However, as time has passed, a growing euro-scepticism became noticeable as did criticism of Brussels in the business community in Slovakia.
In 2004, John Prescott attempted to push through a plan for a North East Assembly, and older Post readers will recall the farce of the West Midlands County Council (1974 - 86), an EU concept hidden under a "metropolitan" label, which was wound up by Maggie Thatcher as her euro-scepticism grew.
There is a very thin line between unravelling the rules, thus making them ineffective, and being draconian and encouraging euro-scepticism," stated the minister, as he pointed out that a balanced approach does not imply that the rules are ignored altogether.
Others, however, say Brussels should avoid a spat with Poland at a time when the migration crisis is testing EU unity and fuelling Euro-scepticism across the continent.
A formal twinning relationship had existed since 1965, and some commentators at the time blamed euro-scepticism on the part of the Conservative-dominated local government.
SIR - A recent poll suggests a growing Euro-scepticism in Wales together with the possibility of Ukip gaining eight or nine seats in the National Assembly.
Back to politics and the recent European Parliamentary elections showed the rise of Euro-scepticism with rightwing parties leading the polls in France (Front National) and the UK (UKIP).
But their lead candidate in the May 22 poll argued that mounting Euro-scepticism threatened the Welsh economy and people's livelihoods.
They are a singleissue party and that single issue is euro-scepticism.
As hundreds of thousands of pro-EU protestors turn out on the streets of ex-Soviet state Ukraine demanding their country team up with the 28-nation bloc, euro-scepticism by contrast is rampant on the EU's western flank.
It may yet win a few seats in the Bundestag; but the numbers indicate that euro-scepticism remains a fringe position.
He told supporters at the rally at the Adelphi Hotel on Saturday, attended by more than 400 people, that he believed his party's brand of Euro-scepticism and demand for tighter border controls would be a hit with Merseyside voters.
Dictionary browser ?
- European water ouzel
- European water shrew
- European white birch
- European white lily
- European wildcat
- European wolf spider
- European wood mouse
- European woolly thistle
Full browser ?
- Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Network
- Euro-Mediterranean Irrigators Community
- Euro-Mediterranean Journalism Institute
- Euro-Mediterranean Legal Metrology Forum
- Euro-Mediterranean Medical Informatics and Telemedicine
- Euro-Mediterranean Network for Human Rights
- Euro-Mediterranean Network for Youth Trafficking Prevention
- Euro-Mediterranean Non-Governmental Platform
- Euro-Mediterranean Parliamentary Assembly
- Euro-Mediterranean Public Health Information System
- Euro-Mediterranean Symposium on Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy
- Euro-Mediterranean Water Information System
- Euro-Mediterranean Youth Parliament
- Euro-medium term note
- Euro-Modular System
- Euro-NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training
- Euro-NATO Joint Jet Undergraduate Pilot Training
- Euro-Rate Differential
- Euro-Retailer Produce Working Group
- Euro-Transplant Kidney Allocation System
- Euro/NATO Basic Helicopter Pilot Training
- Euroatlantic Partnership Council
- EuroBancshares, Inc.
- Eurobank Trust British Isles