exciter(redirected from Excitera)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. One that excites: an exciter of animosity.
2. An auxiliary generator used to provide field current for a larger generator or alternator.
3. Electronics An oscillator for generating the carrier frequency of a transmitter.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. a person or thing that excites
2. (Electrical Engineering) a small generator that excites a larger machine
3. (General Physics) an oscillator producing a transmitter's carrier wave
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. one that excites.
2. an auxiliary generator that supplies energy for the excitation of another electric machine.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.