version(redirected from External cephalic version)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A description or account from one point of view, especially as opposed to another: Your version of the accident differs from mine.
a. A translation of a text from another language.
b. often Version A translation of the entire Bible or a part of it.
3. A particular form or variation of an earlier or original type: downloaded the latest version of the software.
4. An adaptation of a work of art or literature into another medium or style: the film version of a famous novel.
a. Manipulation of a fetus in the uterus to bring it into a desirable position for delivery.
b. Deflection of an organ, such as the uterus, from its normal position.
tr.v. ver·sioned, ver·sion·ing, ver·sions Computers
To assign a unique number or name to distinct versions of (a file or program, for example).
[French, from Old French, act of turning, from Medieval Latin versiō, versiōn-, from Latin versus, past participle of vertere, to turn; see wer- in Indo-European roots.]
1. an account of a matter from a certain point of view, as contrasted with others: his version of the accident is different from the policeman's.
2. (Literary & Literary Critical Terms) a translation, esp of the Bible, from one language into another
3. (Bible) a translation, esp of the Bible, from one language into another
4. a variant form of something; type
5. an adaptation, as of a book or play into a film
6. (Gynaecology & Obstetrics) med manual turning of a fetus to correct an irregular position within the uterus
7. (Gynaecology & Obstetrics) pathol an abnormal displacement of the uterus characterized by a tilting forwards (anteversion), backwards (retroversion), or to either side (lateroversion)
[C16: from Medieval Latin versiō a turning, from Latin vertere to turn]
ver•sion(ˈvɜr ʒən, -ʃən)
1. a particular account of some matter, esp. as contrasted with some other account: two different versions of the accident.
2. a particular form or variant of something: an updated version of a computer program.
3. a translation.
4. (often cap.) a translation of the Bible or a part of it.
5. the act of turning a fetus in the uterus so as to bring it into a more favorable position for delivery.
6. an abnormal direction of the axis of the uterus or other organ.
[1575–85; < Medieval Latin versiō turning, change, version = Latin vert(ere) to turn (see verse) + -tiō -tion]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||version - an interpretation of a matter from a particular viewpoint; "his version of the fight was different from mine"|
approximation - an imprecise or incomplete account; "newspapers gave only an approximation of the actual events"
interpretation - an explanation that results from interpreting something; "the report included his interpretation of the forensic evidence"
|2.||version - something a little different from others of the same type; "an experimental version of the night fighter"; "a variant of the same word"; "an emery wheel is the modern variation of a grindstone"; "the boy is a younger edition of his father"|
type - a subdivision of a particular kind of thing; "what type of sculpture do you prefer?"
|3.||version - a written work (as a novel) that has been recast in a new form; "the play is an adaptation of a short novel"|
piece of writing, written material, writing - the work of a writer; anything expressed in letters of the alphabet (especially when considered from the point of view of style and effect); "the writing in her novels is excellent"; "that editorial was a fine piece of writing"
modernization - a modernized version (as of a play)
versification - a metrical adaptation of something (e.g., of a prose text)
|4.||version - a written communication in a second language having the same meaning as the written communication in a first language|
mistranslation - an incorrect translation
retroversion - translation back into the original language; "the teacher translated Latin texts into English which he gave to his students for retroversion"
subtitle, caption - translation of foreign dialogue of a movie or TV program; usually displayed at the bottom of the screen
supertitle, surtitle - translation of the words of a foreign opera (or choral work) projected on a screen above the stage
|5.||version - a mental representation of the meaning or significance of something|
internal representation, mental representation, representation - a presentation to the mind in the form of an idea or image
reinterpretation - a new or different meaning
anagoge - a mystical or allegorical interpretation (especially of Scripture)
|6.||version - manual turning of a fetus in the uterus (usually to aid delivery)|
1. form, variety, variant, sort, kind, class, design, style, model, type, brand, genre Ludo is a version of an ancient Indian racing game.
2. adaptation, edition, interpretation, form, reading, copy, rendering, translation, reproduction, portrayal The English version is far inferior to the original French text.
3. account, report, side, description, record, reading, story, view, understanding, history, statement, analysis, take (informal, chiefly U.S.), construction, tale, impression, explanation, interpretation, rendering, narrative, chronicle, rendition, narration, construal She went public with her version of events.
1. A recounting of past events:
2. A restating of something in other, especially simpler, words:
صيغَه، نَسْخَهنُسْخَةٌ مُعَدَّلَة
version[ˈvɜːʃən] N (gen) → versión f; (= translation) → traducción f; [of car etc] → modelo m
in Lope's version of the story → en la versión que hizo Lope de la historia
my version of events is as follows → esta es mi versión de los hechos ...
according to his version → según su versión, según lo que él cuenta
version[ˈvɜːʃ/ən] n → versione f
version(ˈvəːʃən) , ((American) -ʒən) noun
an account from one point of view. The boy gave his version of what had occurred. weergawe صيغَه، نَسْخَه версия versão verze die Darstellung udgave; version εκδοχή, ερμηνείαversión versioon برداشت tulkinta versionגרסה वृतान्त verzija verzió versi útgáfa, gerð versione 見方 개인의 입장 설명, 견해 versija versija cerita, versi versieframstilling, gjengivelse, versjonwersjaversão versiune версия verzia različica verzija version เรื่องราว anlatış, yorum 說法 версія انداز bài dịch 看法，说法
version→ نُسْخَةٌ مُعَدَّلَة verze version Version εκδοχή versión versio version verzija versione ･･･版 ...판 versie versjon wersja versão версия version ฉบับ versiyon bản 版本
1. cambio de dirección de un órgano tal como el útero;
2. cambio de posición del feto en el útero que facilita el parto;
bimanual ___ → ___ bimanual;
bipolar ___ → ___ bipolar;
cephalic ___ → ___ cefálica;
combined ___ → ___ combinada;
external ___ → ___ externa;
spontaneous ___ → ___ espontánea.