trident(redirected from FOXM1)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
Related to FOXM1: KLRB1
1. A long, three-pronged fork or weapon, especially a three-pronged spear used for fishing.
2. Greek & Roman Mythology The three-pronged spear carried by Neptune or Poseidon.
adj. also tri·den·tate (trī-dĕn′tāt)
Having three teeth, prongs, or similar protrusions.
1. (Arms & Armour (excluding Firearms)) a three-pronged spear, originally from the East
2. (Classical Myth & Legend) (in Greek and Roman mythology) the three-pronged spear that the sea god Poseidon (Neptune) is represented as carrying
3. a three-pronged instrument, weapon, or symbol
having three prongs
[C16: from Latin tridēns three-pronged, from tri- + dēns tooth]
(Firearms, Gunnery, Ordnance & Artillery) a type of US submarine-launched ballistic missile with independently targetable warheads
1. a three-pronged instrument or weapon.
2. the three-pronged spear of the sea god Poseidon, or Neptune.adj.
3. Also, tri•den•tal (traɪˈdɛn tl) having three prongs or tines.
[1580–90; < Latin trident-, s. of tridēns having three teeth]