blushing(redirected from Facial blushing)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
intr.v. blushed, blush·ing, blush·es
1. To become red in the face, especially from modesty, embarrassment, or shame; flush.
2. To become red or rosy.
3. To feel embarrassed or ashamed: blushed at his own audacity.
1. A reddening of the face, especially from modesty, embarrassment, or shame.
2. A red or rosy color: the blush of dawn.
3. A glance, look, or view: thought the painting genuine at first blush.
4. Makeup used on the face and especially on the cheekbones to give a usually rosy tint. Also called blusher.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||blushing - having a red face from embarrassment or shame or agitation or emotional upset; "the blushing boy was brought before the Principal"; "her blushful beau"; "was red-faced with anger"|
discomposed - having your composure disturbed; "looked about with a wandering and discomposed air"
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition. 2002 © HarperCollins Publishers 1995, 2002
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995
English-Spanish Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012