Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to Fairbanks: Douglas Fairbanks
A city of central Alaska north-northeast of Anchorage. It was founded in 1902 as a gold-mining camp.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
(Placename) a city in central Alaska, at the terminus of the Alaska Highway. Pop: 30 970 (2003 est)
1. (Biography) Douglas (Elton), real name Julius Ullman. 1883–1939, US film actor and producer
2. (Biography) his son, Douglas, Jnr. 1909–2000, US film actor
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. Charles Warren, 1852–1918, vice president of the U.S. 1905–09.
2. Douglas, 1883–1939, U.S. actor.
3. a city in central Alaska, on the Tanana River. 73,164.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Fairbanks - United States film actor; son of Douglas Elton Fairbanks, (1909-2000)|
|2.||Fairbanks - United States film actor noted for his swashbuckling roles (1883-1939)|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.