Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Far·o·eseor Faer·o·ese (fâr′ō-ēz′, -ēs′)
n. pl. Faroese or Faeroese
1. A member of the Scandinavian people inhabiting the Faroe Islands.
2. The North Germanic language spoken by the inhabitants of the Faroe Islands.
(Placename) a variant spelling of Faeroese
or Far•o•ese(ˌfɛər oʊˈiz, -ˈis)
n., pl. -ese,
1. a native or inhabitant of the Faeroe Islands.
2. the North Germanic language of the Faeroese.adj.
3. of or pertaining to the Faeroe Islands, their inhabitants, or the language Faeroese.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Faroese - a Scandinavian language (closely related to Icelandic) that is spoken on the Faroe Islands|