fat cat(redirected from Fat cats)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Idioms.
1. A person who is rich and influential.
2. A wealthy supporter of a political campaign.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
a. a very wealthy or influential person
b. (as modifier): a fat-cat industrialist.
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. a wealthy person, esp. one who makes large political campaign contributions.
2. an important or influential person.
3. a person who is lazy, self-satisfied.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.