fiefdom(redirected from Feif)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Acronyms.
1. The estate or domain of a feudal lord.
2. An organization or department over which one dominant person or group exercises control.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (in feudal Europe) the property owned by a lord
2. an area over which a person or organization exerts authority or influence
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the estate or domain of a feudal lord.
2. anything owned by one dominant person or group.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Medieval History. the land over which a person exercises control after vows of vassalage and service to an overlord. See feudalism.See also: Land
-Ologies & -Isms. Copyright 2008 The Gale Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||fiefdom - the domain controlled by a feudal lord|
|2.||fiefdom - an organization that is controlled by a dominant person or group|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
fiefdom[ˈfiːfdəm] N → feudo m
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005