acquired(redirected from Feline acquired immunodeficiency syndrome)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Related to Feline acquired immunodeficiency syndrome: Feline immunodeficiency virus
1. Gained by one's own efforts.
2. Of or relating to a disease, condition, or characteristic that is not congenital but develops after birth.
3. Resulting from exposure to something, such as an antigen or antibiotic.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. obtained, through buying or being given
2. obtained by learning
3. having developed, esp during the course of one's day-to-day life or experience. See also acquired taste
4. used to describe something one is starting to suffer from
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||acquired - gotten through environmental forces; "acquired characteristics (such as a suntan or a broken nose) cannot be passed on"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
acquired[əˈkwaɪərd] adj → acquis(e)
an acquired taste → un goût acquis
acquired wealth → richesse acquiseacquired immune deficiency syndrome n → Syndrome m immuno-déficitaire acquis
Collins English/French Electronic Resource. © HarperCollins Publishers 2005
acquired[əˈkwaɪəd] adj → acquisito/a
it's an acquired taste → è una cosa che si impara ad apprezzare
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995
a. adquirido-a; contraído-a;
___ reflex → reflejo condicionado.
English-Spanish Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012