Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
Observing that it was the head of their leader, the Horizontalists hastened to profess themselves converted to whatever opinion the Crown might be pleased to hold, and Horizontalism took its place among fides defuncti .
Hinc usura vorax, rapidumque in tempore foenus, Hinc concussa fides, et multis utile bellum.
It seems that the hape attempted to fondle the cat, but the latter scratched him; being suspicious,' said Wrench, 'of his bona fides .' He scrutinized the ceiling with a dull eye.
As the President finished reading the paper (which I beg leave to assure my readers is a bona fide copy of one written by bona fide girls once upon a time), a round of applause followed, and then Mr.
Antiquarians concede that such a personage as Hercules did exist in ancient times and agree that he was an enterprising and energetic man, but decline to believe him a good, bona- fide god, because that would be unconstitutional.
It was even better than removing from East Broadway into bona fide, real, unequaled, league-long, eighty feet wide, Broadway!
The reward which has been offered is a large one, and it is not for me to question the bona fide nature of it.
Some day, he told himself, the fide of things political will turn in my favor and the years of ineffectual service count big in the bestowal of rewards.
Besides his fiction of an annuity, about which no one at the present time knew anything, the chevalier really had, therefore, a bona fide income of a thousand francs.
"Then these arrests," Hamel remarked," are really bona fide?"
You are an unusual sort of a person; you don't lie at every step, as some men do; in fact, you don't lie at all, and there is a matter in which I need a true and sincere friend, for I really may claim to be among the number of bona fide unfortunates just now."
Don't let reformers of any sort think that they are going really to lay hold of the working boys and young men of England by any educational grapnel whatever, which isn't some bona fide equivalent for the games of the old country "veast" in it; something to put in the place of the back-swording and wrestling and racing; something to try the muscles of men's bodies, and the endurance of their hearts, and to make them rejoice in their strength.
Dictionary browser ?
- fiddler crab
- Fidei Defensor
- Fidel Castro
- Fidel Castro Ruz
- fidelity bond
- Fiducial edge
- Fiducial line
- fiducial mark
- fiduciary duty
- fiduciary issue
- fiduciary relation
- fidus Achates
- Fiedler Arthur
Full browser ?
- Fidelity Management Trust Company
- Fidelity National Agency Solutions
- Fidelity National Asset Management Solutions, Inc.
- Fidelity National Credit Services
- Fidelity National Default Solutions
- Fidelity National Field Services, Inc.
- Fidelity National Financial
- Fidelity National Home Warranty
- Fidelity National Information Services
- Fidelity National Information Solutions
- Fidelity National Insurance Company
- Fidelity National Real Estate Solutions
- Fidelity National Technology Imaging
- Fidelity National Title Group
- Fidelity National Title Insurance Co.
- Fidelity National Title Insurance Company
- Fidelity of Implementation
- Fidelity Participant Record-keeping System
- Fidelity Personal Trust Company
- Fidelity Range Extensions
- Fidelity Research Institute
- Fidelity Safety & Training
- Fidelity Security and Manpower Services
- Fidelity Security Life
- Fidelity Trust Gaming Association
- Fidelity Union Bancorp
- Fidelity Union Securities Limited
- Fidelity, Bravery, Integrity
- Fidelity, Exercise Control, and Feedback Requirements
- Fides Est Regni Tutela
- Fides Publica Populi Romani
- Fides Publica Populi Romani
- fidget about
- fidget around
- fidget spinner
- fidget spinners
- fidget with
- fidget with (something)
- fidget with it
- fidget with something
- fidgeted around
- fidgeted with