Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
a. A native or inhabitant of Fiji.
b. A person of Fijian ancestry.
2. The Austronesian language of Fiji.
Of or relating to Fiji or its people, language, or culture.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Peoples) a member of the indigenous people of mixed Melanesian and Polynesian descent inhabiting Fiji
2. (Languages) the language of this people, belonging to the Malayo-Polynesian family
3. (Placename) of, relating to, or characteristic of Fiji or its inhabitants
4. (Peoples) of, relating to, or characteristic of Fiji or its inhabitants
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
Fi•ji•an(ˈfi dʒi ən, fɪˈdʒi ən)
a. a member of the Melanesian people of Fiji.
b. the Austronesian language or group of languages spoken by this people.
2. any native or inhabitant of Fiji.adj.
3. of or pertaining to Fiji, its inhabitants, or their language.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||Fijian - a native or inhabitant of Fiji |
Fiji, Republic of Fiji - an independent state within the British Commonwealth located on the Fiji Islands
Polynesian - a native or inhabitant of Polynesia
|2.||Fijian - the Oceanic language spoken on Fiji|
|Adj.||1.||Fijian - of or relating to Fiji or its people or language or culture; "the Fijian population"; "Fijian folktales"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
A. ADJ → de (las Islas) Fiji
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
adj → fidschianisch
→ Fidschiinsulaner(in) m(f)
(Ling) → Fidschianisch nt
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007