Philip(redirected from Filip)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
Philip, Prince Duke of Edinburgh. Born 1921.
Husband of Elizabeth II of Great Britain. The great-great-grandson of Victoria, he was given the title Prince in 1957.
Philip, Saint fl. first century ad.
One of the 12 Apostles. In the New Testament, he is a witness to Jesus's miraculous feeding of the multitudes.
(Bible) one of the twelve apostles of Jesus
1. (Biography) King, American Indian name Metacomet. died 1676, American Indian chief, the son of Massasoit. He waged King Philip's War against the colonists of New England (1675–76) and was killed in battle
2. (Biography) Prince. another name for the (Duke of): Edinburgh Prince. another name for the (Duke of) Edinburgh2
1. one of the 12 apostles. Mark 3:18; John 1:43–48, 6:5–7.
2. King (Metacomet), died 1676, sachem of the Wampanoag Indians 1662–76.
3. Prince, Duke of Edinburgh, born 1921, consort of Elizabeth II.
1. Philip I, 1052–1108, king of France 1060–1108 (son of Henry I of France).
2. Philip II,
a. ( “Philip of Macedon” ) 382–336 B.C., king of Macedonia 359–336 (father of Alexander the Great).
b. ( “Philip Augustus” ) 1165–1223, king of France 1180–1223.
c. 1527–98, king of Spain 1556–98 (husband of Mary I).
3. Philip IV ( “Philip the Fair” ), 1268–1314, king of France 1285–1314.
4. Philip V, 1683–1746, king of Spain 1700–46.
5. Philip VI, 1293–1350, king of France 1328–50: first ruler of the house of Valois.