seventh heaven(redirected from Firdaws)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia.
1. A state of great joy and satisfaction.
2. The farthest of the concentric spheres containing the stars and constituting the dwelling place of God and the angels in the Muslim and kabbalist systems.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Islam) the final state of eternal bliss, esp according to Talmudic and Muslim eschatology
2. (Judaism) the final state of eternal bliss, esp according to Talmudic and Muslim eschatology
3. a state of supreme happiness
[C19: so named from the belief that there are seven levels of heaven, the seventh and most exalted being the abode of God and the angels]
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. (esp. in Islam and the cabala) the highest heaven, where God and the most exalted angels dwell.
2. a state of intense happiness; bliss.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||seventh heaven - a state of extreme happiness |
elation - an exhilarating psychological state of pride and optimism; an absence of depression
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
noun ecstasy, transports, Utopia, raptures, rhapsodies After I was given my first camera I was in seventh heaven.
Collins Thesaurus of the English Language – Complete and Unabridged 2nd Edition. 2002 © HarperCollins Publishers 1995, 2002
The American Heritage® Roget's Thesaurus. Copyright © 2013, 2014 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.