fireball(redirected from Fire ball)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. (Physical Geography) a ball-shaped discharge of lightning
2. (General Physics) the bright spherical region of hot ionized gas at the centre of a nuclear explosion
3. (Astronomy) astronomy another name for bolide
4. slang an energetic person
1. a ball of fire, as the sun or a large burst of flame.
2. a luminous meteor, sometimes exploding.
3. lightning having the appearance of a globe of fire.
4. the highly luminous central portion of a nuclear explosion.
5. a very energetic person.
A meteor that is as bright or brighter than the brightest planets.
The luminous sphere of hot gases which forms a few millionths of a second after detonation of a nuclear weapon and immediately starts expanding and cooling.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||fireball - an especially luminous meteor (sometimes exploding)|
|2.||fireball - a highly energetic and indefatigable person|
doer, actor, worker - a person who acts and gets things done; "he's a principal actor in this affair"; "when you want something done get a doer"; "he's a miracle worker"
self-starter - an energetic person with unusual initiative
|3.||fireball - a ball of fire (such as the sun or a ball-shaped discharge of lightning)|
|4.||fireball - the luminous center of a nuclear explosion|