first fruits(redirected from First-fruits)
first fruitsalso first·fruits (fûrst′fro͞ots′)
1. The first gathered fruits of a harvest, offered to God in gratitude.
2. The first results of an undertaking.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. the first results, products, or profits of an undertaking
2. fruit that ripens first
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
1. the earliest fruit of the season.
2. the first products or results of anything.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.