fiscal(redirected from Fiscal Responsability)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
pertaining to the public treasury or revenues: fiscal policies; pertaining to financial matters in general: Our fiscal year is from July 1 to June 30.
Not to be confused with:
physical – pertaining to the body: a physical illness; that which is material: the physical sciences; carnal; sexual: a physical attraction
1. Of or relating to government expenditures, revenues, and debt: a fiscal policy of incurring budget deficits to stimulate a weak economy.
2. Of or relating to finance or finances.
[French, from Latin fiscālis, from fiscus, money basket, treasury.]
1. (Economics) of or relating to government finances, esp tax revenues
2. of or involving financial matters
a. (in some countries) a public prosecutor
b. Scot short for procurator fiscal
4. (Banking & Finance) a postage or other stamp signifying payment of a tax
[C16: from Latin fiscālis concerning the state treasury, from fiscus public money; see fisc]
1. of or pertaining to the public treasury or revenues: fiscal policies.
2. of or pertaining to financial matters in general.n.
3. (in some countries) a prosecuting attorney.
4. a revenue stamp.
syn: See financial.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||fiscal - involving financial matters; "fiscal responsibility"|