rectifier(redirected from Flame rectifier)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
1. One that rectifies: a rectifier of many wrongs.
2. Electronics A device, such as a diode, that converts alternating current to direct current.
3. A worker who blends or dilutes whiskey or other alcoholic beverages.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. (Electronics) an electronic device, such as a semiconductor diode or valve, that converts an alternating current to a direct current by suppression or inversion of alternate half-cycles
2. (Chemistry) chem an apparatus for condensing a hot vapour to a liquid in distillation; condenser
3. a thing or person that rectifies
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
rec•ti•fi•er(ˈrɛk təˌfaɪ ər)
1. a person or thing that rectifies.
2. an electrical apparatus for changing an alternating current into a direct current.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
A device for converting alternating current into direct current. See also inverter.
Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms. US Department of Defense 2005.
An electrical device that converts alternating current into direct current.
Dictionary of Unfamiliar Words by Diagram Group Copyright © 2008 by Diagram Visual Information Limited
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||rectifier - electrical device that transforms alternating into direct current|
electrical device - a device that produces or is powered by electricity
full-wave rectifier - rectifier that converts the negative half wave of an alternating current into a positive half wave
|2.||rectifier - a person who corrects or sets right; "a rectifier of prejudices"|
Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection. © 2003-2012 Princeton University, Farlex Inc.
Collins Spanish Dictionary - Complete and Unabridged 8th Edition 2005 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1971, 1988 © HarperCollins Publishers 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2003, 2005
n (Elec) → Gleichrichter m
Collins German Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged 7th Edition 2005. © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1980 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1997, 1999, 2004, 2005, 2007
rectifier[ˈrɛktɪˌfaɪəʳ] n (Elec) → raddrizzatore m
Collins Italian Dictionary 1st Edition © HarperCollins Publishers 1995