feet(redirected from Foot (disambiguation))
Also found in: Medical, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
plural of foot: feet firmly planted on the ground
Not to be confused with:
feat – achievement; exploit; courageous, daring act: an extraordinary feat
Abused, Confused, & Misused Words by Mary Embree Copyright © 2007, 2013 by Mary Embree
Plural of foot.
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
1. the plural of foot
2. at someone's feet as someone's disciple
3. be run off one's feet be rushed off one's feet to be very busy
4. carry off one's feet sweep off one's feet to fill with enthusiasm
5. feet of clay a weakness that is not widely known
6. get one's feet wet to begin to participate in something
7. have one's feet on the ground keep one's feet on the ground to be practical and reliable
8. on one's feet on its feet
a. standing up
b. in good health
c. (of a business, company, etc) thriving
9. put one's feet up to rest
10. stand on one's own feet to be independent
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014
a pl. of foot.Idioms:
1. drag one's feet, to act or proceed slowly or reluctantly.
2. get one's feet wet, to take the first step in an activity, venture, etc.
3. have one's feet on the ground, to have a realistic, sensible attitude or approach.
4. on one's feet,
a. in a standing position.
b. in a secure, independent position or recovered state.
5. stand on one's own (two) feet,
a. to be financially self-supporting.
b. to be independent.
6. sweep off one's feet, to impress or overwhelm by ability, enthusiasm, or charm.
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
feet→ أَقْدام chodidla fødder Füße πόδια pies jalat pieds stopala piedi 足 발 voeten føtter stopy pés стопы fötter เท้า ayaklar chân 脚
Multilingual Translator © HarperCollins Publishers 2009
n., pl. de foot; pies.
English-Spanish Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012
Collins Multilingual Translator © HarperCollins Publishers 2009
feetpl de foot
English-Spanish/Spanish-English Medical Dictionary Copyright © 2006 by The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.